My COVID Disability Q
My COVID Disability Q is an online space for Canadian children and youth with disabilities, as well as family members speaking on their behalf, to ask questions that relate to both their disabilities and the COVID-19 outbreak.
Submit your question using our online form below. Your question must be research focused and related to both your disability and COVID-19.
Our moderators at the CHILD-BRIGHT Network, CanChild, the Kids Brain Health Network will then select and post answers to one (1) question per day on Twitter at @MyCOVIDQuestion using the #MyCOVIDDisabilityQ hashtag. We will tag the account you identify too as well as other experts in our network who may also jump into the conversation!
**Nous acceptons les questions en français et y répondrons sur notre page Twitter en français, dans la mesure du possible**
You can view our Twitter campaign page below, search for #MyCOVIDDisabilityQ on Twitter or read the Q&A section.
Participate in COVID-19 Research
COVID-19 supports for people with disabilities and caregivers
In this study we want to get a better understanding of the current situation of people with disabilities at the time of coronavirus. Specifically, we want to know:
- What are the concerns and challenges that people with disabilities and caregivers of people with disabilities (both adults and children) are facing at this time?
- What supports do people with disabilities and caregivers of people with disabilities need to address these challenges, and are these supports available?
We are interested in the experiences of people of all ages: children, youth, adults and the elderly. You can take the 5-minute survey or participate in an interview.
The Global Report on Developmental Delays, Disorders, and Disabilities
The COVID-19 pandemic is hard for everyone but coping with the pandemic can be even harder for people with disabilities and their families. We are inviting Canadian families to contribute to the World Health Organization/UNICEF Global Report on Developmental Delays, Disorders, and Disabilities. Your response to a brief survey will help to identify service needs and inform policies related to the pandemic.
Before you start, please read the Informed Consent to see if you agree to answer the questions.
After completing the survey, we will send you a gift of $15 as a thank you for your participation.
- COVID-19 and people with disabilities in Canada
- La COVID-19 et les personnes en situation de handicap au Canada
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Guidance documents
- Maladie à coronavirus (COVID-19) : Documents d'orientation
- Children with disabilities face health risks, disruption and marginalization under coronavirus