Senior Technical Support Analyst
Danijela is a Senior Technical Support Analyst at CanChild and a point person for websites design/maintenance and IT issues. Danijela is also a mother of a sixteen-year old son with cerebral palsy. She has an engineering/research background (M.Sc. IT Engineer, PhD Candidate), and brings extensive expertise in computer technology. Danijela is involved in the school systems in Ontario and has previously done research on the use of SMART boards for children with special needs. Danijela has been a member of the F-words in Childhood Disability Research Team since February 2014. She was involved in the F-words Awareness Video Project (2014) and in 2015 created the F-words Photo Collage. Danijela has co-presented on the F-words on multiple occasions (including poster presentations, oral/panel presentations, and invited workshops) and has been involved in developing the Knowledge Hub.
- Pediatric Academic Hour, McMaster University ("It Takes Two to Tango" - a Parent's and a Professional's Perspective on the F-Words in Childhood Disability”)
- Ontario Association of Children’s Rehabilitation Services Conference (“A family-researcher partnership: Working together to spread awareness on the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability”)
- CanChild 25 Years Celebration Event (“A family-researcher partnership: Working together to spread awareness on the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability”)
- Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities Research Special Interest Group Conference (“A family-researcher partnership: Behind the scenes of the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability integrated knowledge translation journey”)
- Canadian Association of Paediatric Health Centres Conference (“A family-researcher partnership: Working together to spread awareness on the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability”)
- Health and Wellbeing in Developmental Disabilities Conference (“The ‘F-words’ in Childhood Disability: Helping families, health care practitioners, policy makers, and researchers to think holistically and work together”)
- CanChild Research Issue Presentation (“The ‘F-words in childhood disability: Should we think outside the box, or make the box bigger?”)
- Grandview Children’s Centre Interprofessional Day (“The ‘F-words in childhood disability: A family-centred framework focused on holistic and collaborative practices”)
- Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities Research Special Interest Group (“The F-words in Childhood Disability: Embracing opportunities for knowledge translation”)
- CP-Net Science & Family Day (“The ‘F-words’ a framework for supporting family well-being”)
Bringing the 'F-Words' to Life: How are families and service providers using the 'F-words' in practice?
A CP-NET webinar highlighting 'F-word' in Childhood Disability resources and strategies for implementing the concept at home and in clinical practice.