Senior Technical Support Analyst
Research and Knowledge Translation Support
Danijela is a Senior Technical Support Analyst at CanChild and a point person for websites design/maintenance and IT issues. Danijela is also a mother of a seventeen-year old son with cerebral palsy. She has an engineering/research background (M.Sc. IT Engineer), and brings extensive expertise in computer technology. She recently developed and launched the website for International Alliance of Academies of Childhood Disability - www.iaacd.net. Danijela was involved in the school systems in Ontario and has previously done research on the use of SMART boards for children with special needs. Danijela has been a member of the F-words in Childhood Disability Research Team since February 2014. She was involved in the F-words Awareness Video Project (2014) and in 2015 created the F-words Photo Collage. Danijela has co-presented on the F-words on multiple occasions (including poster presentations, oral/panel presentations, and invited workshops) and has been involved in developing the Knowledge Hub.
- Pediatric Academic Hour, McMaster University ("It Takes Two to Tango" - a Parent's and a Professional's Perspective on the F-Words in Childhood Disability”)
- Ontario Association of Children’s Rehabilitation Services Conference (“A family-researcher partnership: Working together to spread awareness on the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability”)
- CanChild 25 Years Celebration Event (“A family-researcher partnership: Working together to spread awareness on the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability”)
- Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities Research Special Interest Group Conference (“A family-researcher partnership: Behind the scenes of the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability integrated knowledge translation journey”)
- Canadian Association of Paediatric Health Centres Conference (“A family-researcher partnership: Working together to spread awareness on the ‘F-words’ in childhood disability”)
- Health and Wellbeing in Developmental Disabilities Conference (“The ‘F-words’ in Childhood Disability: Helping families, health care practitioners, policy makers, and researchers to think holistically and work together”)
- CanChild Research Issue Presentation (“The ‘F-words in childhood disability: Should we think outside the box, or make the box bigger?”)
- Grandview Children’s Centre Interprofessional Day (“The ‘F-words in childhood disability: A family-centred framework focused on holistic and collaborative practices”)
- Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities Research Special Interest Group (“The F-words in Childhood Disability: Embracing opportunities for knowledge translation”)
- CP-Net Science & Family Day (“The ‘F-words’ a framework for supporting family well-being”)
Bringing the 'F-Words' to Life: How are families and service providers using the 'F-words' in practice?
A CP-NET webinar highlighting 'F-word' in Childhood Disability resources and strategies for implementing the concept at home and in clinical practice.